FRLC Board Meeting
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
2:00 pm MDT/3 pm CDT/1:00 pm PDT/4:00 pm EDT
Attendance: Five members participated in the call.
Prayer: Special prayers for one member and spouse
Approval of Minutes: verbal report
Treasurer’s report: Excellent report
Coordinator’s report: Our coordinator continues to lead with strength
• Lay interest in Fellowship of Recovering Lutherans, interaction with Pastors can be a problem, especially new in recovery
• Speaking at Luther Seminary about Alcoholism as part of vocation
• Inquires continue to trickle in
• Newsletter encourages donations
• Website reflected 6-8 people attending Thursday call meeting
• Retreat for this year not working out
E-newsletter and quarterly newsletter: Current editor willing to put it together but needs more articles from members.
Noon recovery meeting continues to attract new members
Next retreat: Coordinator proposal to meet with Fellowship of Recovering Lutherans but not warmly accepted by all. Much discussion about every other year, possibly a cruise? Maybe Holden village also for a winter retreat. All options are left to Ed to facilitate considering the input.
LCMS relations: two books needed for seminaries. Board member has found a welcome into two seminary libraries. Coordinator has sent them out.
Contact at District office?
Posting Board Minutes on the website: discuss further, what that would look like.
Next meeting: November 5, 2:00 pm MDT/3 pm CDT/1:00 pm PDT/4:00 pm EDT